The daily humdrums of my life, korni-kelled because I have nothing else to do.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Current Reading List

My iPhone contains two of my favorite books: "Dune" and "The Power of One". I will not pretend to be a literati and I don't think I'm in a position to give an academic review of these books. All I know is that I absolutely love these books and they have somehow influenced me and contributed to what I am now.

I stopped in the middle of re-reading Dune to re-read The Power of One. I am now in the final few chapters -- where Peekay is already working in the mines and in the verge of meeting "the Judge" again. Once I'm done reading it, I'll go back to Dune -- I left off before the Harkonnens attack the Atreides with the help of the Emperor's Sardaukar army. I might continue to read the "classic" Dune series later.

I own the "dead tree" editions of these books so I don't feel too guilty when I was able to acquire the files for both books which I now read on my phone (fair use anyone?).

No comments: